Friday, March 13, 2015

GHS Senior Recognized for Top Five Percent PSAT Score

A Grandview High School senior has been recognized for an academic award that places her amongst top PSAT scorers in the country.
 
Mariel Gauger was named a Commended Student in the 2015 National Merit Scholarship Program.  GHS administrators presented Gauger with a certificate for her achievement.  Gauger is one of 34,000 students throughout the nation to be recognized.

“I guess I was a little surprised, when I took the PSAT I guess I wasn’t expecting to get it,” said Gauger.

She placed among the top five-percent of the more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2015 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards by taking the Preliminary SAT.
It’s been years since a GHS student has been named a Commended Student.  Gauger, her parents Shelly and Carl Gauger, and district administrators joined in on her recognition in the high school foyer.

“I feel pretty good about it.  It’s definitely going to help me get into some colleges,” she said.
Gauger hopes to go to The New School in New York and major Women’s Studies and then pursue her graduate degree.

Click here to view the interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment